essential oils for spider and varicose veins

I’ve been asked several times now if essential oils will help varicose and spider veins. In my research I’ve read that essential oils can strengthen the walls of veins, diminish the appearance of spider veins and increase circulation. 

There are many different oils listed on different sites that are said to help with this. The ingredients on one site that has an already prepared blend of oils for varicose veins includes:

 Recipe
Almond oil – as the carrier oil
palmarosa – for cell regeneration
chamomile – anti-inflammatory, constricts blood vessels
lavandula - anti-inflammatory
Cypress – constricts blood vessels
Wheatgerm - high vitamin E content for cell regeneration

The directions say to apply topically around and above varicose veins and directly onto spider veins. Also apply a drop on the bottom of each foot three times a day. The site claims the formula will alleviate the discomfort caused by, and will diminish the appearance and symptoms of, varicose veins within several weeks. They have a money-back guarantee.

I really wanted to try this, but because one ounce of the above blend was about $70.00 (amoils.com/varicose-veins-remedy.html), I decided to buy individual oils and try making my own blends to save money. I’m so glad I did, as I’ve been able to share the blends I’ve made with others as it’s so much cheaper to buy the individual oils and mix your own recipe. It took a little bit of researching on the web to learn how to, but I’ve been having fun learning.

I don’t have all the oils in the above recipe, but in my research here’s some of the other oils that are said to help spider and varicose veins:

Cypress – strengthens the veins
Geranium – principal effect on the blood
Lemon – tonic for circulatory system
Rosemary – enhances circulation, restorative
Ginger – warming circulatory stimulant
Juniper – mild circulatory stimulant
Helichrysum – dissolves coagulated blood inside and outside the veins
Grapefruit -- restorative
Frankincense – helps poor circulation, strengthens blood vessels

I have many more oils listed in my notes, but these are the ones I’ve seen repeated the most in my studies.

Another recipe
One book I have says, “massage above the affected veins toward the heart with helichrysum and cypress every morning and night; wear support hose until healed; it takes two to three months to heal. It is important to vary the essential oils being used. Try using lavender, juniper or rosemary instead of cypress and helichrysum.”

I have been using a different recipes each time I need to refill as I experiment and learn about oils.

My latest “vein” recipe
  2 oz. hemp oil
10 drops cypress
10 drops lemon
10 drops frankincense
10 drops rosemary

In the 4 or 5 months I’ve been using essential oils the appearance of my spider veins has lessened, but they have a long way to go to disappear. I haven’t been faithful to apply the oils, as I’ve been concentrating more on my cellulite recipes for now. I know these conditions took years to get to the point they are, so it will take time to reverse them too.